Mango Shortcake with Protein Cream Cheese Frosting using HealthFarm Gourmet Vanilla Hydro Pure protein powder
Ingredients for the Shortcake:
1. 2 and 3/4th cup all purpose flour
2. ¼ cup granulated sugar
3. 4 teaspoon baking powder
4. ½ teaspoon baking soda
5. 1 teaspoon salt
6. 3/4th cup unsalted butter
7. 1 cup cold buttermilk
Method for the Shortcake:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Mix the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, together in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add the cubed butter and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter.
2. Pour buttermilk on top, fold everything together until it begins to come together. Do not overwork the dough.
3. Pour the dough and any dough crumbles onto a floured work surfec and gently bring together. Using a floured rolling pin, flatten into a 3/4th inch thick rectangle from all sides.
4. Cut the dough in your desired shape and brush it off with 2 tablespoons heavy cream or buttermilk. Bake for 18-20 mins until golden brown. Ingredients for the Protein Cream Cheese Frosting: 1. ½ cup whipping cream 2. 1/3 cup cream cheese 3. ¼ cup HF’s Gourmet Vanilla Hydro Pure protein powder
Method for the Frosting: Combine together the whipping cream, cream cheese and protein powder and mix it well together using a whisk until the texture is creamy and thick
Assembly: Cut the baked biscuit in half, layer with protein cream cheese frosting, generously top it with your favorite seasonal fruit: I topped it off with mango chunks! Enjoy fresh and hot!